Our Ritual & Rise Green Smoothie bowl is vegan, diary- and gluten-free, and tastes great! With a bowl-load of essential vitamins, antioxidants, omegas, and protein, it’s a great start to anyone’s day. This recipe serves two people, and can be changed up with your choice of toppings.
Green Smoothie Bowl Benefits
Ritual & Rise Banoffee Pie Flavoured Hemp Protein Powder is the heart of this delicious smoothie bowl. With high levels of protein, a perfectly balanced ratio of Omega 3 & 6, and a high level of fibre to keep you fuller for longer, it’s perfect for anyone looking to manage their weight, or eat well at any time of the day - particularly breakfast.
Everyone knows how amazing avocado is. It’s packed with healthy fats, which are a slow-burning energy source to keep you going throughout the day. Avocado is high in potassium, making it great for anyone suffering from high blood pressure. It’s also rich in Vitamin C and E, which are great for the skin - Vitamin E is a particularly effective antioxidant that can guard against sun damage.
The frozen banana and berries are perfectly balanced natural sweeteners that add vitamins and antioxidants. Berries also contain nitrates that help to lower blood pressure, and promote healthy blood flow around the body.
Bananas are great for increasing the red blood cells in the body, which transport oxygen to the body's tissues. Bananas are quick to metabolise, which means they convert carbohydrates and fats into energy.
Including leafy greens in your diet is important, but it’s not always easy to get the most out of them. Smoothies and smoothie bowls are a great way to do this because you can use them raw - and often people cook away their benefits. Kale is loaded with more vitamin K than any other food. Vitamin K helps to prevent blood clots, heal wounds, and it strengthens bones. In combination with its Omega 3 benefits, kale is considered the ultimate natural suppressant of chronic inflammation.
Spinach is rich in vitamins, magnesium and folic acid, which all help the body to turn food into energy.
All these amazing ingredients contribute to a bowl of healthy, great tasting energy. Give it a go, share your thoughts and pass the recipe on to your friends and family!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 small handful kale
- 2 scoops Ritual & Rise Banoffee Pie Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups water
- The Brothers Green Hemp Hearts
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more water to thin your mix if desired.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more banana sweetness, or more spinach for a brighter green smoothie bowl.
- Divide between two serving bowls and dress with desired toppings.
- Best eaten fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for 1-2 days.