Gooey Caramel & Peanut Slice with a Maple Protein Base! If you love bold flavours of sweet, salty, savoury and of course.. chocolate, you will be all about this slice!
A Note From Kayla
"My health and wellness journey is one that I have been on for many years. In high school I didn’t understand the impact that quality natural food can have on your body. After being diagnosed with endometriosis in year 13, my knowledge and passion for learning how foods can be used to nourish the body began. I quickly learnt that gluten was one of my main inflammation triggers and now, four years later, I have learned so much around the positive impacts that consuming a more whole food diet can have on all aspects of my life.
Currently, I am in my second semester studying towards my Master of Science in Food Innovation, and I am now able to apply my knowledge and love for food as well as the science behind it. Together, they give me great insight into the wonders of natural food properties and their benefits. I love working alongside companies creating plant based alternatives as the way for our future food consumption."
For all things food, fitness, lifestyle and motivation related, check out Kayla's Instagram | @kay_motivate
Gooey Caramel & Peanut Slice Recipe
- 2 cups oats
- 2 heaped tbsp of Ritual & Rise Maple Protein Powder
- 2 tbs coconut milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dates soaked
- 2-4 tbsp date water
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 soaked dates
- 1-2 tbsp of date water to combine
- 2/3-1 cup of roasted peanuts
- 1/2 block of dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pink himalayan salt
- In a blender combine all base ingredients until a sticky consistency is formed.
- Press mix into a lined tray and place into the freezer.
- In a blender combine all caramel filling ingredients until smooth and thick.
- Pour the caramel filling over the base layer and spread out evenly, place back into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Press roasted peanuts into caramel layer, and slice.
- Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate together and drizzle over slice as desired.
- Top with freeze-dried raspberries that little bit extra.