The perfect brekkie (or dessert) for all those sweet treat lovers out there. A Banoffee Pie Pancake Stack, layered with the perfect combination of delicious salted caramel, greek yoghurt, fresh banana and of course garnished with the all important dark chocolate chunks.
A Note From Emily
"As a self confessed foodie who enjoys baking and eating the finer foods in life, I created my instagram @wannabiefoodie at the beginning of lockdown 2020. It was my creative outlet whilst studying my Masters degree at Lincoln University, and I was able to share the food I made with family and friends.
I strongly value health and wellness and enjoy being active. I gym regularly and because of this I look to supplement my diet with additional protein.
However, as I am sensitive to dairy this has meant that I have had to use plant based alternatives which I do not enjoy and whilst I was familiar with hemp protein and tried it before, it wasn’t until I first tried Ritual & Rise at Recreate Performance that I discovered a plant based protein powder that I loved and was very excited to be asked to create some recipes using the powder."
For more of Emily's recipes check her out on Instagram | @wannabiefoodie
Banoffee Pie Protein Pancake Stack Recipe
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1 heaped tbsp of Ritual & Rise Banoffee Pie Protein
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk or an alternative plant milk
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 10 dates, softened in boiling water
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Pinch of salt
- Blend oats to form 1 cup of oat flour
- Pop all ingredients into a blender and blend together
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and grease with coconut oil
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles begin forming
- Flip and continue cooking on the other side and until cooked right through.
- Blend the soaked dates and coconut cream until smooth.
- Mix in salt and set aside.